Sunday, July 19, 2009

Michigania

This was probably one of my favorite weeks ever at Michigania. After the initial surprise, all went normally, which was just so fun.

I went biking nearly daily with various groups made of the following people: my dad, my brother, Mark, Ron, Danny, and Jeff. Two rides on the hilly roads outside of camp, and all the rest on the crazy hard horse trails. Jer made it up some hills I could barely walk up.

I played tennis with my mom and Diana almost daily - my tennis improved a lot, and I think I can challenge Matt properly in the next Hildebrandt Open. My serve even had some power (sometimes).

In addition to the regular activities, I went sailing two or three times, I got in one game of ultimate frisbee, and Mark took me tubing one afternoon. I could not handle how fun tubing was. I laughed literally the entire time. I thought I pulled a muscle smiling and laughing so hard. We also played volleyball nearly every night, a few Boggles, even a few on the beach in the afternoon, and generally just such a fun week.

We had weather in the 70s and sunny - which was freezing for me, but it was outstanding. It was amazing to have so much time to visit with Londons, Cunninghams, Grosses, Millers, Birnholtzs, and everyone else. Since I moved to Singapore I basically have an hour or a little more to visit with people, and it's always so rushed. It was amazing to have "chill time" with such wonderful people.

My biggest accomplishment is the large muscle protruding from my right arm. I think it's from tennis, but it feels really strong.

Yesterday I hitched a ride in a 92 VW van with Diana, two of her kids and two of her nephews. It was a long long ride, but Diana is super interesting, and it was quite enjoyable (even after only sleeping about three hours...). We even stopped for the best apple pie I have ever had. I got one for Jill and Ben. Finally, we ended up in Chicago.

Last night I got to eat superb Persian food with Jill and Ben and play two games of Settlers. They asked what I was craving...I was craving Settlers. I don't really care about dinner.

No comments: