Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Michigania Dreamland

Boy are we sore from our first non-rainy day at Michigania!!

I woke up with my dad and brother and went mountain biking on the horse trails just at the end of south camp. The sand at the beginning was a bit tough, and that one killer hill in the middle was a hard climb, but I got through it (a bit slower than Jer and dad, though...). When we got back to the cabin, I woke up Matt, and we all went to breakfast together.

The rest of us had completely finished our breakfasts by the time my dad got his omelet (but he said it was worth the wait). I saw Terese, Cristine and Emily on their way to the tennis lesson at center courts.

My mom had a south lower court reserved for 9:30, so Matt and I played doubles with my mom and my dad. My dad and I clearly creamed Matt and mom, but it was a fun game. Greg and Danny were playing on the court next to us. They looked good!

We got to relax a little big after tennis - hanging on the porch with the other Birnholtzs and the Ledermans. We all had reading material with us, but no one really read anything. Matt went to riflery. Then the lunch bell.

We ate lunch out on the porch with the Londons, and it was so fun to see Noah (the newest addition to the London/Kanner family) living the Michigania life! After lunch, a whole bunch of us went out on the boat. We drove out and sat in the water for at least an hour. Everyone went swimming (it was a gorgeous, warm - but not too warm, sunny day!) and just hung around. Jer then took me and Matt out on a sailboat. It was a bit scary, and we almost tipped twice, but he saved us, and luckily we even had fun. We passed Laurie out there three different times!

It was unbelievable that the lake was still as glass at 4:00 in the afternoon! Mark was able to take me waterskiing, though my legs were still sore from biking in the morning. It's hard when you haven't been on the skis in at least a year! It took me about four times to get up, and my hands are hurting.

Matt and I went on a walk on the make-out, I mean nature trails on the other side of north camp. They go along the water, and they're definitely a part of camp that isn't appreciated enough.

After we heard four 8 year olds playing Heart and Soul thirty times on the piano at the dining hall, we got a great game of volleyball going. Ryan Lederman was the star, but other people played really well also. Jeremy had a bunch of kills. We played until it was just about too dark to see.

Then there was obviously a lot of Oberon (but others were drinking Coors Light - yuck), a few games of boggle, lots of talking and laughing, and the Londons introduced a new game.

Okay, none of this happened, and this picture is from last year, but it my head, it's happening everyday.

I super wish we were at Michigania.
Michigania 2009 baby!!

Greg, Cristine, Terese, Jeremy, Marie, Adina, Gregg, Danny, Lisa, Emily, Jer, Birnholtzs, Ledermans, Cunninghams, Grosses/Millers/Collins, Londons, and everyone else - enjoy it for us!! We miss you!

2 comments:

Bloggernaut LA said...

wow we all look real greasy.

Jeremy said...

Everything about this was accurate except that the sand was never tough to ride, given all the rain.

One collective 'awwwwww...' is also in order, I do believe.